A significant trade went down today in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) involving a Flyers prospect.
The Chicoutimi Saguenéens of the QMJHL have traded German Rubtsov to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
Confirmé: German Rubtsov échangé des Saguenéens au Titan. #tvasports
— Mikaël Lalancette (@MLalancetteTVA) November 2, 2017
The Flyers’ 2016 first round pick had 11 points in 11 games for Chicoutimi this season. Over his QMJHL career, Rubtsov has racked up 33 points in 27 contests.
The trade does not come as a surprise. The Saguenéens are clearly not a contender and want to build for the future. Rubtsov will be turning pro following this season.
Chicoutimi got quite the haul for Rubtsov. Russian forward Vladimir Kuznetsov and three draft picks were among those included in the deal.
Rubtsov joins an Acadie-Bathurst team that currently sits in ninth place in the QMJHL with a 7-5-5 record. The Titan have quite a bit of talent on their squad, including skilled Anaheim Ducks prospect Antoine Morand and 2018 draft prospect Noah Dobson. Rubtsov is a game-changing addition and is the type of player that could turn the Titan into a true contender.
Rubtsov will wear No.98 for his new team.
Welcome to Bathurst, German! // Bienvenue à Bathurst, German! pic.twitter.com/KMd2jWDwPA
— 🏆🏆 – Titan AcadieBathurst (@ABTitan) November 2, 2017
It will be a busy week for Rubtsov. Acadie-Bathurst has a couple of games this season, and the annual CHL Canada-Russia Series gets underway on November 6th. Rubtsov will be representing his native Russia.
Quick Prospect Updates
– Morgan Frost is on fire! He has notched 7 points and recorded 21 shots on goal in his last three games. 20 of Frost’s 21 points this season have been primary.
– Connor Bunnaman scores twice in Kitchener’s 7-3 win over Erie on Wednesday.
– Kelowna power forward Carsen Twarynski has 7 points in his last four games.
– Carter Hart is still feeling the effects of mononucleosis. He has yet to play a game since being diagnosed with mono on October 2nd. However, it is a possibility that Hart returns to action this weekend for the Everett Silvertips.
– Michigan center Cooper Marody registered 6 points in two games last weekend.
– Tanner Laczynski was named NCAA Hockey’s player of the week, scoring 3 goals and 5 points in two games for Ohio State last weekend.
Kirill Ustimenko has been rock solid in the MHL, posting a 1.71 goals-against-average and .921 save percentage along with four shutouts in 20 games this season.
– Mike Vecchione was named AHL rookie of the month. He registered ten points in ten October games.
– Speedy winger Danick Martel is off to a fantastic start, tallying 10 goals and 13 points in ten AHL games this season.
– The Lehigh Valley Phantoms own a 7-2-1 record through ten games this season.
– The Reading Royals, the Flyers’ ECHL affiliate, are off to a perfect 4-0-0 start to their season.